Everest Base Camp Via Gokyo Ri
Is the Everest Base Camp trek on your bucket list? One of the most popular trekking trail in Nepal, the EBC trek is a dream destination for many. Who would not want to go as close as possible to the highest mountain in the world?
So we are taking a team of 15 this September to the base of Mt. Everest. But, our approach route is different. Unlike the well trodden path to EBC, we will be going via the lesser visited Gokyo Region and crossing 2 high altitude passes, Renjo La (17536ft) and Cho La (17780ft)
Here is how EBC via Gokyo with The Great Escape is different
1) The view from Gokyo Ri is simply mind blowing. You see 4 of the 14 eight thousanders in the world – Everest, Makalu and Lhotse and Cho Oyu.
2) You get to traverese across the longest glacier in the Himalayas, the Ngozumpa glacier.
3) You get to visit the 5 Gokyo lakes, each more grander than the other
4) You climb over 17000ft at least 4 times on this trek ( Renjo La, Gokyo Ri, Chola and Kala Patthar)
5) You see the Khumbu glacier, the Western shoulder of Everest and Nuptse.
6) Crossing Chola Pass. Chola Pass is a pass that takes you from Gokyo region to Everest region. It is an extremely adventurous pass crossing – with the ascent being on rubble and scree while descent is on a snowed out glacier and boulders. It makes for an adrenaline filled experience.
Note: This is a self supported event. Please contact the organizer for further details